Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Will you forgive me? I made you pumpkin pancakes!



So.  If you look at the date of the previous post, you will see that it was over a year ago.  A lot has happened since then.

This happened.





We also moved when he was only 10 days old.

My baby started Kindergarten.

I've probably tried at least 100 new recipes.

I am going to do this a little simpler this time around.  My goal is one recipe per week.  I'm not going to specify a day, or a time by which it needs to be posted.  I absolutely love trying recipes, taking pictures, and writing, but I put so much pressure on myself before that it stopped being fun.  And that's what this is for.  Just for fun.  So this is a new beginning, and I'm excited to be sharing recipes with you again.

It's September, and fall is in the air.  I LOVE fall.  I love the sunshine combined with the cool breeze.  I love having my windows open.  I love boots, skinny jeans, and sweaters.  I love coffee (even more than normal), and baking up lots of yummy treats to go with it.  My crockpot is getting a workout lately.  Of course, it goes without being said that I also love fall for PUMPKIN.  Pumpkin everything.

I started with pumpkin pancakes.  I made them for my girls one day for breakfast, and they inhaled them.  They each ate three.  I may have, as well.  They were wonderful, and I think I will probably make them again tomorrow :)

I'm happy to be up and rolling again.  I hope that you are too!




Pumpkin Pancakes

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup milk*
6 Tbs pumpkin puree
2 Tbs melted butter
1 egg
2 Tbs pure maple syrup**
1 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.  Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl.  Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, being careful not to over-mix.  Lumps are good. 
Heat skillet over medium heat.  Melt a small amount of butter in the pan, then pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into the pan.  Cook until golden brown, and dried around the edges. Flip, and continue cooking until golden.  Serve with butter and pure maple syrup.

Yield: 8-10.  Adapted from Martha Stewart.

* I use almond milk
** If you do not have maple syrup, you can add 2 Tbs sugar to  your dry ingredients.

No comments: